We believe ideas and capital should be put to use for
benefit of society! We make this belief a reality by coming up with exceptional ideas, and innovative solutions, that would benefit
The vision for TrustCorp is to create a strategy consulting, advisory and project management firm that capitalizes on a broader set of experiences.
Our core team do not only have expertise from capital markets, investment banking (M&A) and private equity but also strong industry knowledge from board work and consulting, which makes TrustCorp capable of delivering the best possible solutions to our clients. The diversity in backgrounds give us several layers of inroads into companies, so that we can prepare and analyze situations from different perspectives.
TrustCorp has an international focus and the business is today represented in Sri Lanka, Singapore,Dubai and UAE with partnerships. At TrustCorp we are ambitions and dedicated individuals with extensive experience and networks from a variety of sectors internationally. We are an involving partner driven by a mission of succeeding with our clients. If you are looking for a passionate strategic partner with a proven track record – do not hesitate to contact us.
About the Founder
Wahid is a Senior Investment Banker with extensive experience counting over 30 plus years in Investment Management, Mergers & Acquisitions, Infrastructure Development, Public Private Partnerships, Project Management and Financial & Operational strategy. This experience includes a 15 year stint based out of Dubai, UAE, with over a decade with the largest Emerging Markets Fund Manager, as a Senior Vice President. Wahid also worked as a Transaction Advisor attached to the Public Private Partnership Unit of the Ministry of Finance, Sri Lanka.
- Member of the team advising the Ministry of Finance on the re-structuring through divestiture of Srilankan Airines and Grand Hyatt Colombo.
- In June 2016, advised the Lead manager and successfully placed Sri Lanka’s first “Sukuk Al Ijarah” which won the “Global Deal of Year 2016” award at the IFN Islamic Finance awards held in Dubai UAE.
- In October 2015, structured and successfully placed Sri Lanka’s first “Green Asset Backed Securitization”.
- In 2014 structured for launch a PE fund targeting to raise US$ 250m/US$300m to invest in the MENASA region.
- Structured, launched and closed 8 Private Equity Funds including a US$ 2 billion Sharia compliant Infrastructure and Growth Capital Fund during the period 2001 to 2012, which funds raised capital in excess of US$5 Billion, and also included a complex two tier US$650 Million SME Fund platform which included a Regional Fund, four Country Funds with DFI participation and an OPIC investment vehicle.
- Administered Funds in excess of USD 5 Billion, which consisted a diverse portfolio of assets, including Sharia compliant investments.
- Was involved in several M&A transactions in the MENASA region, in diverse industry and sector.
- Was involved in several acquisition finance transactions including, Sharia compliant financings.
- Have been through a complete fund cycle consisting of, Launch, Capital Raising, Deal Screening, Deal Selection, Deal Execution, Portfolio Management, Exit and Fund windup at the end of the Fund term.
- Diverse Industry experience, which include Mergers & Acquisitions, Restructurings, Privatizations, Infrastructure Development and Public Private Partnerships.
Ahmed Ifthikar Abdul Wahid
Lead Transaction Advisor
Ministry of Finance, Sri Lanka
Certified Practitioner Public
CFA Institute, USA
Global Association of Risk Professionals, USA
Said Business School University of Oxford, UK
Abraaj Academy, Dubai, UAE